2015 Call for Scholarship Applications
Be on the lookout for this year's call to be announced at the end of March. Submission deadline will be May 29, 2015.
Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania (NAP), a non-profit foundation created to recognize and retain nurses in Pennsylvania, announces the availability of scholarship funds for individuals pursuing an education in nursing. The scholarships will be awarded in April of 2014 and are available to be used for tuition, books, and/or educational fees for that spring semester of each year.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- be a resident of Pennsylvania.
- be currently enrolled in a nursing school in Pennsylvania which prepares the student to become a licensed practical nurse, a registered nurse or working toward an advanced degree in nursing to practice in a new, advanced role in nursing.
- have a current minimum grade point average of “B” according to the school’s standards.
- have completed or are currently enrolled in at least ONE course designated as “Nursing.”
- have NOT previously received a Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania Scholarship.
- have a copy of letter of acceptance or its equivalent into a nursing program with a beginning date identified.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on their academic achievement, leadership potential as evidenced by special honors and/or special recognition, community service, and personal commitment to the profession of nursing.