Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania (NAP), a non-profit foundation created to recognize and retain nurses in Pennsylvania, announces the availability of scholarship funds for individuals pursuing an education in nursing. The scholarships will be awarded in March of each year and are available to be used for tuition, books, and/or educational fees for that spring semester of each year.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- be a resident of Pennsylvania
- be admitted to a nursing school in Pennsylvania which prepares the student to become a licensed practical nurse, a registered nurse or working toward an advanced degree in nursing to practice in a new, advanced role in nursing
- have a current minimum grade point average of “B” according to the school’s standards
- have completed or are currently enrolled in at least ONE course designated as “Nursing”
- have NOT previously received a Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania Scholarship
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on their academic achievement, leadership potential as evidenced by special honors and/or special recognition, community service, and personal commitment to the profession of nursing.
The deadline for applying for a scholarship is January 31st of each year.
UPDATE - An additional form has been added for PhD applicants. This form must be submitted in addition to the general application The form is available for download here.